Photo by Melbourne Cocktail Festival
Make Cocktail: Bush Tucker Mary by Farmer's Daughters
By Co-lab Pantry x MCF
In partnership with Melbourne Cocktail Festival, we present the Bush Tucker Mary by Farmer's Daughters:
Makes 1 Cocktail
+ WHAT YOU NEED
- Mixing glass
- Bar spoon
- Highball glass Cube ice
- 50ml Maidenii x Farmer’s Daughters Vermouth
- 100ml Spiced Tomato Water
- Mountain pepperberry, to serve
+ INGREDIENTS (FOR SPICED TOMATO WATER)
1kg Roma tomatoes
2 Birdseye chillies
5 Pepperberry leaves
5g Dried saltbush
5g Dried bush tomato
10ml Sherry vinegar
15g Sundried tomato
1tsp Mardanggich spice (from Outback Chef)
+ METHOD (FOR SPICED TOMATO WATER)
- Blend Roma tomatoes, chillies, pepperberry leaves, saltbush, bush tomato and vinegar with 1tsp salt and strain through muslin.
- Seal vodka and Mardanggich spice in a vac bag and cook sous-vide at 55°C for 2 hours (Alternatively, seal in a ziplock bag and cook in a saucepan over very low heat).
- Combine with tomato water.
- First, make the Spiced Tomato Water.
- Measure ingredients into mixing glass, add ice and stir until cold.
- Pour into a highball glass over ice.
- To serve Garnish with mountain pepperberry leaves.
Discover Farmer's Daughters at 95 Exhibition St, Melbourne.
Melbourne Cocktail Festival is a celebration of Melbourne city’s brilliant cocktail scene, its world-class bars and the talented bartenders behind them. Each year at MCF, the bespoke drinks designed for the festival are created with seasonality, creativity and taste at the forefront. Every year, the recipes for these drinks are shared with us so that wherever you are – at home, at work or on the road – you can drink extraordinary cocktails from Melbourne’s best bars.